Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Why I Was A Hot Mess Today!

People have emotions and opinions re the election so I apologize for the addition, but a friend asked me to explain why my ass was cryin all day today...so here u go! Now keep in mind I was so geeked about voting that I only slept for like an hour and than worked 12 hrs...anyways...I was a history major because the story of how I came to be has always interested me...middle passage, slavery, civil rights...always fascinated me what my forefathers endured so I could have the life I do now. There is a long term fruition of the struggle. But to actually be able to vote a black man into office as the president...whew...overwhelming. MLK's speech touched on how this was his dream...and its manifesting in my lifetime. I was able today to contribute to it. AMAZING! And when they announced he won...I can't express the pride I felt...and iIcontributed. Its nothing I have to read or study...its my today, right now. Just really truly proud that I am part of a change in the american psyche...that hope and change won tonite. AMAZING!

No comments: